Monday, October 10, 2011

Pears are better in Portland

This morning I woke up at 8am - after a long evening enjoying the conversation and company of my uncle Dan. The first the I do is rush to the windows. It's still early. The clouds are still flowing slowly in the populous valley below - like a river that could only be captured in time lapse. Mount Hood is maintaing its imperial stance - king of the skyline to the many people and valleys below. It appears that snow is covering a good portion of the mountains slope, even now in early October. I miss my lens, the obnoxious telephoto that constantly garners attention. I would love to fill the frame with the clouds, pines and Hood, but for now I'll have to leave that for another day.

Step 2, stalk the Asian pear tree. Dan mentioned yesterday that the pears were ripening late this year. It seems that none have fallen to the ground, so I can only imagine that it would still be early for most of them. In the upper branches, I spot one that is larger and starting to yellow. I suspect it'll be worth the climb. One bite and instantly my thirst is quenched, and I remember how much better the pears are, right off the tree here in Portland, Oregon.

No comments:

Post a Comment