Thursday, April 14, 2011

Just landed: Auckland, New Zealand

Off to a shaky start.  Got fined at Biodiversity for forgeting to declare that I had beef jerky.  You were right mom.  That's some expensive damn jerky! :)


The flight was really nice.  The seats were super comfy, well reclined.  All the seats came with a screen in front of you, and a retractable remote control (built into the armrest)...we got free Movies (great recent selection), TV, Radio, Music, Video Games.  And the food was actually pretty good too.  They really know what they're doing.  We get on the plane at 12PM...then they feed you supper at 1:30AM (at first, I was like...what the heck...why would I eat now).  Then I realized that it was 7PM New Zealand.  Right off the bat they were trying to mitigate jet lag.  And I will say...it worked well.  I feel pretty good today.

Anyhow, the weather is warmer here in Auckland that I expected.  All is well...love you all.

Cheers,
Ryan